Sunday, November 14, 2010

random thoughts

There are two modes of mind when I am reading something. The first mode, which bothers me very much. Because when I am in that mode, I could not concentrate on what is in front of me. Rather, I could only criticize it. From the moment I flip the first page and shoot my eyes onto the first sentence, I am not reading. Although I read every word, I am also weighing every single one of them. The result is very disturbing. I have a hard time to focus on the context. I am rather busying chatting inside of my brain. There will be broken sentences that I could distinctly remember. However, they seemed to be shredded, might even be taken out of context.

The second mode is when I am totally engrossed in the context of whatever I am reading at the moment. I'll most likely be in a place where it seemed that I am in the context, or it would appear that I am not in this mundane world. I don't criticize, I don't have inside chatting too much. What happened is that the contents of whatever I am reading filled my brain, like an air blown up a balloon. I feel relaxed and concentrated at the same time.

It is critical, picky, usually shallow, and focusing on expressing myself, rather than absorbing the material in the first mode. It is different for the other mode. It does not make me deep, but it would appear that I am more agreeable, more mellow. I would rather follow the trail. It is not that I would agree with everything I see in front of me. However, I use less language to formalize anything at the time I am reading. The two modes are not completely separated. But it is easier to go from the mellow one to the critical one.

No comments: