Sunday, September 28, 2008

The games I am looking forward to the most now

I've been playing Video Games since 2001. I've always played the old games, which were always 3 years old at least. My first game was Fifa football 1997. I bought from EB in a local mall near Umass Amherst. Since then, i played many games. There are so many games coming out every year, and every year, there're only a handful that really interested me. There are even fewer that i'd felt a rush to buy them. Here's a list of games that I want to play them very badly.

Mount and Blade, it's an indie game created by a team of a husband and a wife from Turkey. I tried the demo a few times 3, 4 years ago. I could not get into it for the animation was very stiff, and i couldn't bear it. I've tried the new version of the demo last year and this year. Although the animations were still stiff, i insisted myself to get into the game and it's totally worth the effort! There're still mechanics i could not execute perfectly, but it still game me an incredible experience! The combat although awkward at the beginning, it grew on me! And the mounted fight was the best out there! There's no comparison with this game on the mounted combat! It gave me a feeling of total control! They used the map style similar Zelda game, but with a 3D graphic and real time day/night cycle. I can't wait to put my hands on the game. When I heard that Paradox Interactive got the right to publish the game, i was so happy. And now, it's finally on the market, all I need to do now is to update my computer... lol

Assassin's Creed, it's a revolutionary platformer action game from Ubisoft's Montreal studio. The studio claimed that anything stick out of ground taller than 1 inch will be interactable. From what I read, I think this promises was kept quite well. Somebody mentioned that the combat was too dull, and the missions structure was way too simple. But i am looking forward to this game for it's platformer gameplays. I know this will be an amazing experience that was never presented in any games in the past. I can't wait to play this game. Now, i only need to find a way to upgrade my computer... lol

Empire Total War, it's a tactical/strategy game. I played this series from the beginning. From shogun to medieval total war. I played Rome total war and Medieval 2 Total war very briefly. Because I don't have the rig to play RTW and M2TW... And now the latest installment is coming out next year... I missed online play so much... Fighting a battle with up to 7 other players was an experience that i shall never forget! I remember playing Naploean mod for VI with other players. We could play one battle for 1 hour and more sometimes! We organized, we talked about strategy, talking about which hill we wanted, which hill the other side might take advantage of. Then when the game started, we patiently marched our troops, line them up, and shoot. Along the way, both sides taunted each other, both sides watched each other's move intently. Constant communication, help each other out, if we finally had a breakthrough, we press out advantage home. If somehow we got a hole in the line, we tried to filled it up with more men. Those were incredible experiences that I could not share with anyone who did not play video game, mainly my mom, my sister, basically anybody around me. This time, Empire Total War bring Napolean era into 3D world along with sea warfare. I don't care about the graphic at all. It is the sensation that fighting along with other players thrills me. I cannot describe to you how much, just how much I want to fight those battles online! However, I seriously doubted the development team could really pull it out smoothly, to guarantee a lag free online play that is... Of course, I'd first need to acquire an adequate computer first... lol

Sins of a Solar Empire, it's a real time 4x strategy/tactic game. I never liked any games that related to space much. But this one is a must. This is another revolutionary game! Before this game, 4x strategy games were always term based, as far as I know. However, this game came and changed that with a zoom out/in mechanics. And the studio even added real time tactics, something similar to Homeworld! This is amazing. They even have multiplayer in real time! I can't wait to put my hands on this game. Now, only if I have a good computer... lol

These are the games I really want to play right now. I am writing this, and if anybody was reading it, he could see...I am not able to play those games. Because my computer was way outdated. But I still want to write things down, just to remind myself that: I do want something, even though it's trivial, it's not necessity. I hope writing these things down somehow served as an incentive to push myself out there to find a job. They alone might not be enough, but they could be one of the many pieces of dry wood...

No comments: