Friday, April 30, 2010

see you off

my cousin belle came to visit from mainland china a few days ago. my mom and uncle saw her off yesterday morning.

my mom told me that she was waiting in a line while my uncle and cousin belle were doing something else. my mom stroke a conversation with the person in front of her. the stranger asked her what are they doing there. my mom told him that her and uncle were there to "see her niece off". she's so happy while telling me this tonight. she felt she was talking real English then. She deserves to be happy. Her effort finally paid off! She also told me that she talked to my sister and asked my sis what to say in the same situation. my sis told her to use send away. I thought send her away is not as good as see her off. hehe, this probably adds to mom's happiness. though i don't think i could come up with a better one than my sis right on spot like that, either.

oh, and before she went to bed tonight, she called aunt Pei Lan. during the conversation, same question of how to say see her off came up. aunt immediately answered, "see her off". Ah ha! that's tripling mom's excitement! she's a purist in studying English!

No comments: