Friday, October 20, 2023

Endeavour series random jot down

 I finished the tv series finally.  I was afraid I might not be able to see season 9, so I halted viewing on amazon for a while.  But then I found out that my library has season 9 DVD.  So I resumed watching again a couple weeks ago.  


I have to say that I can only understand half of the show.  The series isfrom England so there're lots of references and phrases that I don't understand completely, even with captions on.  I think I will go back and watch some of them.  

I really like the production of the series.  The music, the cinematography, the clothes, the mannerism...etc.  The character development, though I think it's reasonable, was hard to stomach for me at time.  I can't elaborate too much.  I might be able to pinpoint details after a second viewing.  I really like the cinematography, there are many shots I really like!  

This Endeavour character has a weird history with women.  It seems that he is really attracted to female but has hard time to express true feeling.  It's like he realized this trait of his, so he use the work to divert his own attention from it.   

For some weird reason, I feel this young Morse is a bit like Sheldon in BBT.  lol  

Morse and Thursday cannot be less similar to each other.  But they complement each other quite well.  I read somewhere that Thursday looked at Morse like a son which I think is a keen observation.  


As a policeman, I have to say Morse is really delicate, looks skinny and no physical presence, unlike Thursday and Strange, but similar to Mr. Bright.  There's always some weakness in similar setup, like mentalist and monk.  If they are brainy, then they have a weak physical presence.  But there's also different approach, like Reacher series, orBatman.  I did not dig deep into either series so I am not sure if they have other weakness.  


I am reading the first novel for Morse right now.  We'll see how I like the character there.  

No comments: