Monday, March 02, 2015

movie impression

mad max series:

I felt that i must be desensitized throughout these years.  for I felt that this series was not that bloody.  Some of them were savagery, yes, but the violent act was done very differently than nowadays.  They were not more reserved, but more realistic.  What I meant to say was that watching a staged fight would be more glorious, but a real street fight, that would be slow and sluggish.  I consider this is what happened here. 

It created an otherly world place quite successfully.   I almost felt like a child's dream being realized.  I do not know why.  I guess bad people being bad, good people looked good as well.  It's all on the surface.  It's not shallow though.  As the series went on, the movie got further away from the reality.  The last installment of the series was so weird compared to the other movies!  It really is a children's story disguised in wild and rugged appearances! 

-------------------------------------------------

jon wik

I had high anticipation for this one.  I thought it was a good action flick.  Some of the scenes in the movie were really slick, especially the gun play. 

But I felt the ending was weak which felt a bit dragged.  The movie created a mysterious world of assassins successfully.  But jon as a character was eventually weak in many ways.  I don't like him much.  And this mysterious world of assassin somehow weakened joh even futher.  because now it took the tension of him being hunted. 

--------------------------------------------------

the raid redemption

I kept find ways to delay watching this movie.  I felt it's just going to be a movie of bunch of actions sequence without much meaning.  But it was alright.  The plot line was of course, still thin.  The movie itself was not weakened by it though.  It's enough to sustain the whole movie, since some of the action sequences were really good! 

This movie reminded  me the dredd movie.  But that's beside the point.  I felt I haven't seen such great action scenes since HK movies long ago.  And with the modern technology, it felt even better. 

It's not to say that all the action were good.  I felt the last fight was boring.  It's really disappointing to end the movie this way.  It dragged too long, and most of the movements in that scene became moo points.  Let me put this way, it's like god of war, with all the flashy light, and bone cracking sound, but nothing really happened.

---------------------------------------------------


the homesman

I thought the title was the horseman...  My goodness, I realized the title after I finished the movie...  lol

It was a very solid movie.  I liked it quite a bit.  The performance was really good.  Tomli Jones sure can act in many ways.  And HilarySwank was beautiful in the movie.  One of the best shocking twist I've seen in a movie for a long time.

It's 2nd movie for Tomly Jones.  This one has a similar air, an atmosphere, which it seemed that only He can give.  And I think western was a great place for that air to appear, since they kind of both forgotten somehow.

-------------------------------------------------

No comments: