Sunday, December 22, 2013

freezing cold

I went to see a disney movie called Frozen.  It was really good.  It seemed like a trend Mulan to rapunzel, from brave to now frozen.  Of all these movies, it kept showing a girl with strong will.  They  can take initiation, very active, filled with dreams and courage and ability to acted it out.  All the men are either dumb, cute, or without not much goals.  Interesting. 

But I have to say that frozen is really well made.  There's something strike me in the core.  I love the song where elsa sing about a storm inside her brewing.  I like the twist where an act of love is no longer a kiss from lovers.  I love that a true between a man and a woman is no longer a love at first sight but through experiences endured by both parties.  everyone has a good amount of motivation that audience can understand.  Compared with brave, the solution to the fundamental problem in the movie was answered properly. But of course, brave's problem was much harder to solve, because the conflict was between two main characters which was very real and direct.  The  conflict in Frozen was not really between the two main characters, it was mainly in elsa herself. 

I was surprised that this is a movie with songs.  but maybe I was being naive.  it is a disney movie, what was I thinking.  The songs were mostly ignorable though.  I was glad to see the little classic cartoon before the main title.  It's a smart remix of old cartoon and modern style.  A good throwback really.  That reminds of me old movie procedure.  I do felt a bit uncomfortable with those violence mimicked in comical way.  I felt weird, I should be desensitized against it by now.  That said something of old humor, of the old times, and of myself as well. 

No comments: